oh, great telephone

Jared called!!!


Last night as I was doing a little writing my phone rang and my heart about leapt out of my chest. I hadn't heard from him since he left so to hear his voice on the other end of the phone just about took my breath away (a little dramatic, I know, but can you blame me?).


His crew had just come down off the mountain where they have been actively fighting the fire to take a quick day's rest before starting out again tonight (Saturday night) on the 12 hour night shift. The only "injuries" they have suffered are the wickedness of poison oak. He said he didn't have it nearly as bad as some of the other guys though so that's good.


Still no word on when he'll be coming home. He said it could be two weeks, it could be tomorrow. I told him that it better not be tomorrow because he hasn't been out there nearly long enough and that he needed to make this first fire epic


Exhausted as he may be, he sounded wonderful. The first day, he said, kicked his butt. A real wake up call. Day two, a lot better and the third day (yesterday) was the best yet. He called again today just to expand on the work they've been doing while the crew was doing a quick turn though Wal-Mart so some of the guys could get a few little necessities. 


The conclucion for the day? The Oak Flat fire is at 2,950 acres and 40% contained! Jared's still out there though so please keep sending those prayers and hopeful thoughts out into the universe! And he wanted me to send along his love and gratitude to all of us here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM

PINTEREST

TWITTER