royal blue

Since the announcement of the royal wedding, I've paid due attention to the happenings surrounding Will & Kate but it wasn't until this week that I realized just how fascinated I am by all of the hoopla. And, more importantly, just how fascinated I am with Kate. Kind of loving her actually. And not that I want to be anything other than myself (because, even in light of current events, I love my life) but I kind of want to be her when I grow up. Except for the whole royal thing... I don't need that headache. Though it seems like she and William might actually have this whole thing figured out - at least as much as anyone can and still remain realistic. They've known each other for ten years, dated, gone their separate ways and done their own thing, found each other again and waited until they have their own lives somewhat figured out (even though, granted, some things were predetermined) before "settling down". Everyone is calling it a fairytale but I'm inclined to think otherwise, only because these two royals appear to be creating their own rules and have struck a seemingly wonderful balance between the giddiness of love and the understanding of the need for maturity. I'm rootin' for them.
(photo by Mario Testino)
(Also, totally captivated by Kate's sense of style... I want to ransack her closet)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM

PINTEREST

TWITTER