time lapse

The time it has been since my last post is, quite frankly, inexcusable. But, since we're being frank here, the only reason I had so much to say a few weeks ago is because the person I usually say things to was gone and now he's back. 


Jared returned from the fires completely rejuvenated. The light was back in him and he was happier, albeit more exhausted, than I've ever seen him. The thrill of the fire was lit in his eyes, his voice, everything. And although he was covered head to toe in wicked poison oak, it was exactly what he needed.


In short, it's been great to have him back safe and sound. And now I'm ready to get rid of him again. By which I mean he's ready to go out on another call. Everything here in the northwest is cooling down dramatically and with the descent of autumn he's getting anxious to get back out and play in the flames again. 





While these aren't pictures from him crew, they are from the View Lake Complex Fire (the second fire he fought) and, he said, EXACTLY what his conditions were like. 

Anyway, beyond that, life has been frolicking along merrily. Work has continued to be wonderful and challenging. Last week we had a wine delivery and with three of us putting it all away, it only took three hours to get from 460 cases of wine down to this one. last. box. 

And since my apartment has become an apocalyptic mess, I decided to forfeit the gym for the day (which I will regret later when Jared and Shamoo go for a run and then do an obscene amount of pushups and sit-ups after dinner) and clean. The anticipation of October and with it the coming of Hallowe'en season has me all wound up like a small child. Should I get this excited about pumpkins and candy corn? Eh, I don't even care. 

I'm totally okay with it. 

1 comments:

  1. I adore reading your entries! Love, M.

    ReplyDelete

 

INSTAGRAM

PINTEREST

TWITTER