i feel it in my fingers, i feel it in my toes

maple bourbon french toast - gwood.

Meanwhile, it's taken a turn for the colder today so I am wrapped up on my couch drinking hot tea and watching 17 Again (yes, Zac Efron, I love it). As much time as I spend over the the guys' apartment, I always love coming home to my little 500 square foot treehouse. Though it's a total mess right now with laundry all over the floor (albeit clean laundry) it's a warm, safe, happy place to be. I love the yellow walls, the pieced together hardwood floors, the skylights that let me listen to the falling rain (pitter, patter, pitter, patter)... It's home.

And while I'm curled up here Indy is over at his buddy Jonas' working on his bike for the first time in over a month, which I love. It's been weighing so heavily on his mind lately, not being able to get anything done on it, so this is fantastic. I have a feeling this is going to be a good year for him. He's been applying to all the National Forests in the state to get on a firefighting crew so please, keep him in your thoughts and prayers and keep fingers crossed.

We're all figuring life out. Indy's dream of being a wild land fire fighter is now tantalizingly close and I am getting more of an idea of what I can do with my life. I know I want to be a writer and I will always be writing, but I can't bring myself to ever be back in LA, which I realize proposes a real problem when it comes to screenwriting. However, I know of many successful writers who have made it in the city of their choice and I see no reason why I can't do the same.

In the meantime however, I am starting to look into the world of non-profits. I have known a few writers who are grant-writers by day and they make a good living doing something worthwhile - that could be a good life. So I went to Powell's and bought a book on the subject to brush up on what I'll need to know to get into the field, even just to test the waters.

I admit, I am a little lost on the career trail. The only thing I know how to do it write and to make it in the literary world is a long-shot. Not the say that I don't have it in me to shoot that far, it's just a long-term goal. I don't know... Plenty to figure out, just hope I've got plenty of time to do so. Until then, I'm thinking more and more about trying for a job at Trader Joe's. I do have fun at my job now, and I love the people I work with, it's just time for a change is all.

So in a nutshell, that's where I am right now. Nothing special in the wrap-up here, that's all. Love to everyone.

1 comments:

  1. please please please get a job at trader joe's and send me lots of iberico cheese. (i was thinking about working there too, just to loot the cheese.

    and efron, pre-straight makeover = <3

    ReplyDelete

 

INSTAGRAM

PINTEREST

TWITTER