the fort wayne relocation project

For some reason, Portland has forgotten to set itself to the same seasonal clock as the rest of the world... It is mid-June and about 62 degrees and cloudy. Again. Last Saturday was our brief oasis of sun with the skies a brilliant blue and the temperature coming in at a high of 82. 


Indy was out at Lisa and helios' working on stripping their back decks, staining and waterproofing them all day, I was working on a) finding a job and b) making my way through yet another collection of Roald Dahl's short stories, and the day ended with all four of us sitting outside, drinking beer and eating ENORMOUS burritos at this little joint on the east side Helios had seen in passing one day. Perfection. 


But now? It may as well be autumn, just a little greener. Meh. I must have finally become a Portlander because I am getting sick of rain and am dying for some sun and 75 degree weather. 


On the upside, Mike's brother Jake gets here tonight and the guys' friend Shamu is already here! Last year when Jake came to visit at the end of July it was the first week of that god-awful heat wave we had so it will be great for him to see the city without a side of sweat. 


I can't believe it... Indy has succeeded in moving Mike, Dean, Robin, Shamu (providing he gets the job he's interviewing for on Monday) and his brother Dakota (once he graduates high school next year) out to Portland from Indiana and me? I can MAYBE get my friends to come visit. Ha. 


Oh well, in any case, life is still good. I'm looking for a new job (quit the old one after one too many straws) but keeping busy in the meantime.


Love to all and happy summer!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM

PINTEREST

TWITTER