oh yeah, we had some holidays didn't we?




We're all well aware of just how bad I am at timeliness lately, yes? 

Fantastic! 

That means I don't really need to do much apologizing about the fact that we're rapidly approaching January's halfway mark and I still haven't posted about Thanksgiving yet (which is fine, because then I don't feel quite as bad about not posting a word on Christmas, either). 

In any case, this one's gonna be a double whammy because I'm going to let the pictures do the talking and write this one off as completed and do a celebratory jig because I just want to wrap up the sucker-punch of a year that was 2013 already!!!

And because there are approximately 14,495 photos in this post (and if each photo is in fact worth a thousand words that means I need to drink a lot more wine before I figure out that math problem and I should really just stop trying to better myself in any way that involves anything beyond basic kindergarten addition and subtraction)…

Good lord, even I am starting to not care about this anymore.
So here we go…



THANKSGIVUKKAH
We all got word that this was the best holiday ever because Thanksgiving and Hanukkah landed on the same day and that won't happen again for like, what, a billion years? 
(my calendar might be a bit off on that estimate)


Matt & Frankie hosted...


Dean was awful...


We played with the boundaries of religious stereotypes...


The boys outdid themselves with the decor...


My obsession with pinecones grew exponentially...


Everyone had gelt on their plate...


We lit things on fire...


Shane did this...


Cute Couple Photo Ops were effectively ruined...


Except Shane and Mikey are actually pretty cute...


And then we did this...


But really, we just can't take a normal picture...


Frankie somehow maintained the same horrible pose for this entire series...


Shamoo was tall...


And apparently he said something funny...


Our hosts were looking dapper as all hell...


It was warm enough to hang outside with these three in their natural habitat...


It was decided Shane was trying too hard to look like Bob Dylan...


I captured the essence of "Autumn Dean" in a photo…


And I caught one of my favorite pictures of Robin, ever...


But seriously, Shane, I know it wasn't intentional, but you really were rocking the Dylan look...


Dean and Robin continued to Dean-and-Robin-ing...


We drank many beers...


Except Billy who stuck his damn pinky out completely un-ironically...


Shamoo played with the limits of maturity...


And then we ruined it all...


But it's okay, because we still had the bake off (with Dean as the judge again because the jerk is so damn hard to please so it's only fitting to fill him full of sugar and carbs) to heal the wounds we inflicted on the universe with that  last photo...


But then Shane put on the gas mask and the evening pretty much spiraled from there.

So onto the next party!
___________

WHISKEY GREMLINS CHRISTMAS EVE
The annual holiday tradition in which we ALL forgot to bring the rye whiskey so it was basically just "Gremlins Christmas Eve" which is still fun, but really needed whiskey
(this is true of most things)


So I started things off by giving Robin part of her present which was this book and I effectively ruined the rest of Dean's night… And possibly all Christmases for him forever...


And OH YEAH! Matt had surgery that morning and was half-comatose (and yet still somehow the consummate host which is probably the best superpower ever)...


But I got completely distracted from just about everything else once Bishop arrived because ohmygosh, who doesn't want to kiss those cheeks! Baby's first Christmas was in full swing...


Oh really though, I about died...


I only took like, four thousand pictures of him...


While he taste-tested everything within grabbing distance...


Including PBR...


And the coaster it was on… Uncle Scotty was clearly no help at all...


Fine though, because his parents weren't too far away...


Seriously, how many pictures did I take of this kid?


And who invited these two?


Or them? If you're just going to play around on your phones guys, you not invited anymore...


Whatever, I finally got to drink the beer Shamoo gave me for my birthday back in September...


Which was good because DAMMIT DEAN!


Oh, and good news, Billy didn't drop the baby.

Everybody wins!

___________

So there ye be! Holiday Roundup 2013!

We're done!

Let's celebrate!

Or, alternately, carry on like it's already 2014 and we're all over the whole Holiday Roundup because everyone else posted these kind of things weeks ago and now we're all ready to start thinking of inappropriate things to write in our Valentines…

Just me?



1 comments:

 

INSTAGRAM

PINTEREST

TWITTER