Ah yes, they know me well

Frail? Sure. Vulnerable? And yet. My favorite words, 'And yet.'
-Elie Wiesel

The writer's trade is a violent, almost indestructible passion. Once it has entered a poor head, nothing can stop it. Long live the artist's life! Our motto is freedom.
-Amandine Aurore-Lucile Dupin

Why sir, you find no man at all intellectual who is willing to leave London. No sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life for there is in London all that life can afford.
-Samuel Johnson

There was no time to think, which was plenty of time...
-Dave Eggers

But for me, London sends you down a route of introspection in a way that no other city does… The city confronts you and exploits the most creative side of you.
-Gael Garcia Bernal

Peace. Salaam. Shalom.
-Brian Haw

Oh, God! Round and round I go looking for an answer of some kind. No answer. No nothing. I've tried relaxing, but it's still the same. I've gone nuts thinking about truth and it's aspects. I don't get anything. Nothing adds up. There is so damn much bitterness and fear and hate and untruths all around me. I want to do something about it. It makes me mad when I get scared of sticking my neck out. If you try to be good and thoughtful and kind and truthful, people call you a liar and suspect you and resent you and hate you. I try my damndest to understand and forgive, but if I were to put into words and actions what I sometimes feel, it would cost me my life almost. Society wont let you be decent because theyre so g-damned afraid all the time. I've tried to be smart and stay on the line but it makes me feel as though I weren't living up to my own ideas and principles.
-Marlon Brando

When love beckons you, follow him, though his ways are hard and steep.... For even as love crowns you so shall he crucify you.... Love gives naught but itself and takes naught but from itself. Love possesses not nor would it be possessed. For love is sufficient unto love.
-Kahlil Gibran

My culture had taught me all the wrong things well... But the soul has no culture. The soul has no nations. The soul has no colour or accent or way of life. The soul is forever. The soul is one. And when the heart has its moment of truth and sorrow, the soul can't be stilled.... One of the reasons why we crave love, and seek it so desperately, is that love is the only cure for lonliness, and shame, and sorrow.
-Shantaram

With freedom, books, flowers and the moon, who could not be happy?
-Oscar Wilde

The most important thing in life is your family. There are days you love them, and others you don't. But, in the end, they're the people you always come home to. Sometimes it's the family you're born into and sometimes it's the one you make for yourself.
-SATC

Good thing+good thing=better thing, right? Witness the flying squirrel.
-McSweeney's

Hold on, keep going, accept the ebb and flow and mystery of life and wait till things get better.
-David Foster Wallace

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM

PINTEREST

TWITTER