something for everyone

"My hands tend to be full enough dealing with people who hate me for who I am. Concentrate too hard on the millions who hate you for what you are and you're likely to turn into one of those unkempt sloppy dressers who sag beneath the weight of the two hundred political buttons they wear pinned to their coats and knapsacks. I haven't got the slightest idea how to change people, but still i keep a long list of prospective candidates just in case I should ever figure it out."
- David Sedaris -

I just wanted to post this quote because I think it's very, very true. Just a little reminder that it is not OUR place to judge ANYONE. 

We are commanded to LOVE.

Not BECAUSE of differences. 
Not IN SPITE of differences. 
But REGARDLESS of differences.

One of my favorite musicals is RENT. In it there is a lyric:

"Let he among us without sin be the first to condemn."


I know that I have my beliefs and I never want to be one of those people who forces theirs on others just as I wouldn't want someone to push 
theirs on me. However, in an effort to make more sense of myself I 
wanted to put this out there. I believe in equal rights for EVERYONE, 
regardless of color, gender, sexuality, whathaveyou.

"If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion that love 
actually IS all around."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM

PINTEREST

TWITTER