knowledge is power



Today at work I was heading up a big event with our winemaker Gary Horner (pictured above) and learned a few awesome things about our winery and the wine industry in the Willamette Valley:

1. This is the second coolest, wettest growing season we have had in 117 years
2. The Coury clone, the dominant clone on the Battle Creek Vineyard, is rumored to be a "suitcase clone" brought over to America by Chuck Coury and we don't actually know where it came from exactly
3. Dick Erath's first vintage (1972) was only eight barrels worth of wine

You see? This is what I love about my job - I learn something (or multiple things) every day!

1 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I have definitely been to a wine tasting there:-) Fabulous place! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

 

INSTAGRAM

PINTEREST

TWITTER