weekly gratitude

thank you RHM for giving these weary feet a place to prop up after a long day at work
-

One year ago today I began Weekly Gratitude. 

Week after week it has helped me slow down and think on the things that make my life what it is:

Amazing.

The people, the experiences, the foods, the drinks, the places, all of the little things and all of the big things - I can read back over the last year and know one thing for damn sure:

I am so blessed.

And though I have my usual list of all the things I'm grateful for from the past week, I can only think of one thing. 

So today, I am thankful for this.

Thank you forgiveness.

The road is long, the road is hard, the road is messy, the road is painful - but that road leads to something infinitely greater.

Thank you for the freedom forgiving grants both sides of the equation. Thank you for the strength to keep forgiving over and over and over again - because Lord knows it's rarely a one time deal.

Thank you for twenty-six years of a life in which God shows me exactly how much He loves me, even when it's tough love. 

Thank you.


4 comments:

  1. Love these posts. :) I also really like your green pants. I saw a pair in Target yesterday that were a little darker than yours and I really wish I had bought them now haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY 26TH BIRTHDAY BABY BOO!

    September 4, 1986 @ 8:28am...

    It seems like yesterday...well, actually 9490 yesterdays (9486...oddly close to your birthday)give, or take a leap year when I first saw what is the essence of my life!

    Love,
    Dad-n

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday, sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday!!

    Why was I convinced your big day was tomorrow?! Agh! Sorry. Everything will be late, as per my usual. Apologies.

    I hope you plan on having a super-awesome drool-inducing birthday dinner/drinks/dessert tonight. If you do (and you should), report back with photos!!!

    ReplyDelete

 

INSTAGRAM

PINTEREST

TWITTER