recipe | quinoa cranberry salad


Was it a few weeks ago or a few months ago that I made this? I've already forgotten. 

But in any case, it was delicious and it was easy.

((that sounds borderline inappropriate))

Anyway, I promised Martha via Instagram ((again, it was so long ago that I'm only 98.4% sure this is true)) that I'd post the recipe for this little salad so, here goes!

Quinoa Cranberry Salad with Crumbled Bleu Cheese

ingredients:

quinoa (desired amount, I made a serving size), cooked according to package instructions
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
handful of dried cranberries
handful of fresh spinach, roughly chopped
crumbled bleu cheese, desired amount
drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste

method;

Basically you're just going to mix it all together and adjust any of the ingredients to your own taste. I feel bad even pretending this is a proper recipe. I literally just dove into my food stores and threw this together and was tickled with how well it turned out. 

Next time I'll probably add a grilled chicken breast on top.

Go forth and eat merrily!

2 comments:

  1. There are just no limits to quinoa. It's my favorite easy food! (Besides just scooping pnut butter straight from the jar. That's slightly easier than making quinoa. But only slightly.)

    ReplyDelete

 

INSTAGRAM

PINTEREST

TWITTER