weekly gratitude

thank you sandal + maxi skirt weather for visiting oregon so early in the springtime

How about a little exercise in perspective to get the gratitude flowing, eh?
___________

The sun has been shining so brightly it's been almost too hot by midday.

But the sun in shining in May and that means the Willamette Valley is a piece of paradise.

And I am grateful.

___________

I looked in my rearview mirror the other day to realize there was a huge bee trapped in my back window.

But that's because I've been able to drive with the windows all the way down for the last week.

And I am grateful.

___________

My heart aches for a friendship that has been taken from me.

But I have dear friends who respect me enough to be honest, knowing I am stronger than I look, and some semblance of peace has finally come with the truth.

And I am grateful.

___________

I no longer work with one of my best friends and weekends in wine country will never be quite the same.

But she has an amazing new job and I am so excited for her ((and I can abuse her discount so that doesn't suck either))!

And I am grateful. 

___________

A dear friend is out of work through no fault of her own and there is little to no explanation as to why.

But her ability to live life with an open hand and trust God beyond all else inspires me everyday.

And I am grateful. 

___________

The air is already almost thick enough to reach out and touch with this early onset of heat.

But the smell of hot asphalt makes me think of those happy days as a kid playing outside until the sun went down and how exciting every moment of life can be.

And I am grateful. 

___________

My life has never felt more chaotic and I'm forcing myself to hand over the reigns even though I am still mostly terrified of what's to come.

But I am so overcome with reckless love and joy in the Lord that I don't even care anymore.

And I am grateful. 

___________

It's an incredible ebb and flow lately but I'm waking up from what has felt like bad dream to find the world different - a little scary, but so, so beautiful

In the song "Middle of Your Heart" there is a line that says this:

And if You want to take me over the edge
I'll let you 'cause Your love is where I'll land

My toes are right up to the edge of this new season. And honestly, I don't know what I'm waiting for other than getting over my own, self-made fears. So I say those words to myself over and over, singing them loud in the car, shouting them over the roar of wind pouring through my windows.

I know I keep saying things like that, but frankly, it's all I think about ((and that's why I started a blog because I'm running out of space in my head and it's cramped and it's basically Shea Stadium when the Beatles played and I think George is fighting with Ringo)) ((name that quote!)).

And in learning how to actively trust - not just passively believe - what God has promised I am finding that even on the hardest days when I feel like I am letting doubt and worry take over, and not letting my actions show God I mean what I say, I might still be on the right track.

Because everyday, regardless of doubts and in spite of feeling anxious about an uncertain future, I get up and make the decision to face another day. With Him.

___________

So please, if you ever feel like you're failing do not give up.

You're not. 

 You are proving just how strong you are by living each day trusting Him to get you through it. Whether you realize it or not you are trusting Him because you made it through yesterday and 
you're. still. here. 
Ready for tomorrow.

We are all on the cusp. We're at the threshold.

And I think we're all about ready to make the leap.

And for that, I am grateful.

3 comments:

  1. This is perfect. I just...can I just tell you how much I needed to read this today? That last paragraph was amazing. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fan of these posts. Love your maxi skirt and I'm so happy you are getting some gorgeous weather. I love this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the smell of hot asphalt (not the point). Love you and your perspective. I am grateful for that!

    ReplyDelete

 

INSTAGRAM

PINTEREST

TWITTER