w i s h list

These are the things on my "To Buy Someday" list. They may be slightly frivolous but from word-of-mouth and various reviews I've read for them, it seems that the only regret buyers have had is that they didn't buy these things sooner.

Works for me.

1. Kitchenaid


When Brigette got one of these a couple years ago, she literally burst into tears. I was so excited for her because I knew she had been lusting after the pretty little machine for quite some time. My personal enthusiasm though was somewhat muted. I wasn't big into cooking at the time because, well, she was. It just worked out that she did the majority of the cooking while I did the cleaning. We were each other's perfect housewives. Now though, as I dive deeper and deeper into culinary adventures, it's me who stares wistfully at this puppy as I pass it in stores. Sigh...


I never really thought much about photography beyond "point and shoot" until around senior year of college. That was when I started to actually care about what I was taking a picture of - the angle, the lighting, the composition. In my free time I began studying photographs that I like in more detail, seeing what it was about them that made them so intriguing. Apparently I don't suck at it now and I'm loving it more and more so in the next year or so I can see this being "The Big One". While it's not a monster camera or anything, this is the best "beginner" camera I've seen on the market. Not that I don't love my sweet little Canon, but it'd be a fun change once in a while to whip this baby out. 



Again with the cooking utensils... This one is just plain awesome. Initially, I was drawn to Le Creuset for its established history of being amazing cookware. My interest in a French/Dutch oven was growing due to my newly minted obsession with making risotto. But in my search I not only found a different Dutch oven (see below) but this little wonder! It's a two-in-one enameled cast-iron pan and I can only imagine what kind of trouble I could get into with this in my kitchen arsenal. 



Voila! It's the Giada De Laurentiis 6-quart Dutch Oven! This is the one... A little more streamlined (and a lot less expensive) than the other one, this is just a simple beauty. I have kind of a cooking-crush on Giada and was so excited when she came out with a line of cookware for Target. It's all so classic and streamlined. I'd probably buy up the whole line if I could afford it (and had the space to put it)! But if there was only one piece I could choose, this would be it. 





Long story short: I live in Portland. It rains here. These are awesome. The end. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM

PINTEREST

TWITTER