miranda hobbes, esq.

My cable's been on the ftritz lately so, per my M.O., I've been watching DVD's over and over and over again. For those of you who remember me as a wee little thing sitting on my old grey, red & black quilt watching Disney's Pinocchio this comes as no surprise. I can watch the same thing over and again without losing zeal (something I inherited from my grandmother, no doubt).

Anyway, as a devoted fan of Sex and the City, I decided to work my way through all six seasons for the umpteenth time and I realized that of all the characters, Miranda, the type-A lawyer lady extraordinaire, is my favorite. Not neccessarily for the character herself (though her antics irritate me the least when it comes to the four gals on the show) but because of Cynthia Nixon.

Throughout the run of the show I have consistently found myself loving her acting style and ability to inhabit the life of her character. And, not to be confined to HBO, whenever I see her in other roles I find myself enthralled by her. Even her tiny role in Amadeus got me all a twitter (sidenote: if you haven't seen Amadeus, what are you waiting for? It's amazing, enough said). Another portrayal to be admired is Ms. nixon as Eleanor Roosevelt in Warm Springs.

With a very distinct style and cadence to her voice (I also just love to watch her speak for some reason... I have a thing for the way people form words and how their mouths speak, I don't know why) I have decided that while I'm definitely not a "Miranda" (I actually don't really think I'm too like any of the SATC quartet) I have a certain adoration for Cynthia Nixon and her ability to set the screen on fire, be it ever so humbly.

(photo by unknown source)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM

PINTEREST

TWITTER