owl

Got a sweet em-mail from dad the other day, thought I'd share this truly amazing experience:

"...last night on the way home from shooting, coming up the hill just shy of home, something came out of nowhere, hit the Mustang in a flash. I drove up the hill till I could turn around, and came back down to see something small laying on the pavement. Turns out...a small owl had managed to fly into the car, and was laying there very stunned. I saw that it was breathing, so I nudged the little fellow with my foot and he/she got on its feet and with wide eyes looked at me, swiveled its head a few times...and just sat there. So, I squatted down and had a chat with the little owl for a minute or so. When I determined that "owl" was getting it together...I nudged it again, very gently...and in a heartbeat little owl spread its wings, and really in a magical way, rose up right in my face with powerful little wings, pretty much silently...and meshed into the nighttime sky. This little owl was so sweet looking that I really wanted to pick him/her up...but thought better of it. All in all...a remarkable experience. This little owl was very pretty, and with those eyes, well... wow!"

(photo courtesy of Daily Squee)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM

PINTEREST

TWITTER