countdown

We're into the final weeks before the next Bandor Brother in line for the throne descends on Portland! I always love having visitors but I'm especially excited to see Dakota (and his buddies Nathan, who came out last year too, and Eric). And I know Jared is excited too. The boys are planning another great hiking adventure to try and top last year's 20-some-odd mile total (I'll be the one welcoming them all home with blood orange olive oil cake and baked potato soup).

Not having brothers and/or sisters myself (though with plenty of pseudo-siblings) one of my more favorite past times is watching other siblings together. It's a bond that I really can't imagine fully - to have someone in your life who can truly share your memories of childhood, who understands you on that "we-share-chromosomes" level. To know what it's like to have your parents. 

The only ones on the planet who I could say the same for were my four-legged brothers and sisters and even then we didn't get that chromosome thing down until I was in college. 

Anyway, I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for Dakota to get here. He's such a great kid and I just LOVE watching Jared get all wound up with excitement about his family - and I think it's mutual. In fact I have a theory that they each want to be just like each other when they grow up.

So I'll keep Frank Turner on repeat and brace myself for 2/3 of the Brothers Bandor equation!

(photo of Jared and Dakota, 2010)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM

PINTEREST

TWITTER