newtown, connecticut


They are calling it the deadliest elementary school shooting in American history.

Newtown, Connecticut - my mother's hometown. 

A place I have visited more times than I can count. Each time more bucolic and heartwarming than the last. The people more jovial and welcoming than you can imagine.

Everyone knows everyone, everyone looks out for each other.

This little town - now famous for all the wrong reasons. 

Please, please pray for Newtown.

(( we have not heard if any of my mom's friends - many of whom are teachers and/or have grandchildren in schools there - have been affected by this but I will update as we find out more ))

**update: my mom's best friend was good friends with the principal who lost her life today - pray for the people left behind in the wake of this horror**

4 comments:

  1. We have family about an hour away from Newtown in Glastonbury. It always felt like such a safe area to me. It feels like you aren't safe anywhere now.

    I can't even begin to comprehend why all of this is happening. After tragedy struck not too far away from us here in Oregon & now this tragedy in CT... words can't even explain all the sadness that I feel this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found out about this an hour ago. I am so so sick to my stomach. Holding my babies close and praying hard for the families in CT. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so devastating, I can't even watch it. Praying for all the people you know and all the lives lost and effected by today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been praying so very much. It's so horrible.

    ReplyDelete

 

INSTAGRAM

PINTEREST

TWITTER