thinking on a thursday


Sorry I've been a little absent this week. 

I've had the last three days off here and it's been the first time I've been able to catch back up with myself in about two weeks. It's been really nice. 

Although this internal alarm clock that routinely wakes me up at 7:30am can take a hike (as can my next door neighbor who, at 8:30 this morning, decided it was the perfect time to mow his lawn).

So a few things that have been rattling around in this noggin of mine:

\\  Nora Ephron has passed away. So many have already written sweet tributes to this woman who through her films both inspired and consoled us all through countless times of joy and heartache, happiness and pain. There was a Meg Ryan character for every possible scenario. And Nora knew just how to speak to the Meg in all of us (whichever one it may be) . Nora, I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your address in heaven (I'm guessing you've procured a spot hovering somewhere over New York City). On the other hand, this not knowing has its charms. You will be greatly missed. Thank your, ladies and gentlemen. 

\\  It's cherry season. And I have just about eaten myself sick - and I can't. get. enough. This is hardly a problem, but I somehow still think some restraint may be a good idea. Or not. Hey, there's always blackberry season for developing will power. 

\\  Two more days of work and then I'm off to Montana! I can't believe it's been a whole year since I've seen Laura, John and Jack. The good news is that it's quite possible baby boy will be even cuter now than when I saw him last. Shall I apologize in advance for the obscene amount of photos that will be showing up on Instagram? 

\\  Damn you Nathan for buying these damn Reese's Pieces! 

\\  I still have a couple recipes I need to post on here. Brace your taste buds (and waistlines).

\\  A couple of you have asked me about this hypothetical Etsy shop I've been tinkering with - sit tight! It's still in the works! I've got a few ducks to get in a row, but it's on its way!

\\  Have any of you been following along with with She Reads Truth? It's such a neat idea and I've been loving taking the time to read a little bit of scripture every day and see what others are getting out of it as well. I kinda fell by the wayside with my New Year's Resolution to read the bible in a year (I let myself get too far behind to catch up on the daily readings - ugh, not proud of that one) but this has been a nice way to carve out the time I want to spend time thinking about what's really important. My next goal is to revive Salt + Light  and post at least once a week about the things She Reads Truth sparks. Stay (tentatively) tuned!

____________________________

How's the week treating you so far?

3 comments:

  1. Cherries sound lovely! They are about $9 a pound here, so I splurge on the $3.00/carton strawberries instead.
    Can't wait to see those recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say You've Got Mail is my favorite movie of all time, and I watch it every year on the first day of fall (and probably once a month if I'm being honest). I'm pretty sure I have it memorized!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok... i absolutely love your blog! AMEN. AMEN.
    I am visiting you from Daffodils and am SO GLAD I have found you!!!
    Your write beautifully and I can't wait to drink my black coffee (black as a kettle. no cream. no sugar. no joke!) and read your blog!
    Cherries are a MUST HAVE in our home during the summer (we live in Minnesota!) and my daughters fingers may be red permanently from eating so many! YUM!
    Montana? jealous! have a wonderful time!
    Happy Weekend!!!
    ~Maggie H.

    ReplyDelete

 

INSTAGRAM

PINTEREST

TWITTER