dribble the baby

Disclaimer: please do not think I am in some way advocating abuse. This is merely entertaining wording for bizarre, but sometimes necessary parenting/aunt-ing routines.

Anyway, so yes, after a day of hanging out with my lovelies at LRT, Laura and I decided to treat ourselves to Little Big Burger (I got a burger with chevre and their french fries come doused in white truffle oil and sea salt... How is this a bad idea?) (::considers current waistline::) (Oh, that's how). We sat and talked boys, babies and work as we dipped our little frites into this amazing fry sauce concoction they leave so tantalizingly on the table in front of you, practically force feeding you with some Jedi mind tricks... Where was I?

Oh... So seeing how Portland has decided to catch back up with itself and rain again, after this late lunch, I gave baby-lady a ride home and as I was saying goodbye to her, and soon-to-be-Jack, she let me feel his little head against her belly and... Wait for it... Bounce it! OK, this is probably not a great idea but just a gentle nudge and I could feel his tiny dome float briefly away and back again. It was so cool! Though it has led to us referring to this practice as "dribbling the baby".

Not to be confused with "shaving the baby", as demonstrated by Jared on a three month old Kamdyn in the photo above (the first time we met the little man and he had almost no hair except this little mullet-like strip at the nape of his neck so Andrea authorized his first haircut at the hands of his uncle).

Kids are fun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM

PINTEREST

TWITTER