"oh my god, what did you do to this pizza?!"

...Such was Shamoo's reaction to this week's edition of "I-sort-of-decided-this-was-going-to-be-a-good-idea-so-let's-hope-I'm-not-insane!"

Now I have rarely been accused of using any for of real "measurements" when it comes to freelance cooking so everything I can tell you about this pizza is a rough outline at best, do with it what you will. I trust your capable hands. And taste buds.

Sweet Potato Pizza


1. the foundation - pizza dough - I use Trader Joe's bagged dough and love it, though I've a sneaking suspicion that any dough will do (someday I'll get adventurous enough to make my own!)


2. the "sauce" - sweet potatoes - cooked with a few tables spoons of olive oil, mashed and mixed with a spoonful or two of ricotta cheese to taste (and next time I'll probably throw some sour cream in there because it was a little dry otherwise), minced garlic, black pepper, salt, TJ's "everyday seasoning", all to taste.


3. the goods - red d'anjou pears, halved then thinly sliced (mine were so ripe that when Jared's snuck a bite - meaning the whole second pear I was planning on using minus about 1/3  - the only thing he could say through the experience was "well this is the pear of my life..."), fresh garlic, thinly sliced (about 5 cloves), TJ's applewood smoked beef bacon (that's right... BEEF BACON... but your bacon of choice will undoubtedly be delightful), fresh spinach (straight from the fridge, let the oven/broiler do all the cooking) and last, but never least, gobs and gobs of meltinyourmouth, wanttoslathermyselfinit, creamy, delicious goat cheese (and I'm now thinking a lightly herbed variety would be pretty special in future incarnations)


I baked this sucker for about 15 minutes until everything got all nice and happy together then let the broiler work some magic until the cheese took on that lightly toasted quality...

And then voila!

It was by no means perfect and I was my own worst critic but the boys sure seemed to enjoy it and since they're my main audience I suppose I'll take their word for it!

Eat on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM

PINTEREST

TWITTER