red hills market

It's here! It hit! The doors have been flung open and Red Hills Market is officially in business! The new piece of comfortable culinary art and vessel of locally made adventures in imbibery is the newest addition to my little home away form home (read: the town I work in), Dundee.

We've all been watching the building go up form the edge of our collective seat and this past Saturday the ribbon was finally, if not metaphorically, cut. I stopped by Sunday morning on my way to work only to be met serendipitously by Caitlyn (co-worker who, if there were any logistical possibility here, I would have narrate my life because I love her and her amazing inflection on everything). Both of us needed a pick-me-up in order to pour wine all day apparently. So she and I left with a hot chocolate and an americano respectively in hand (oooh, and they serve Stumptown Coffee... After almost 10 months of not working across the street from the Stumptown coffeehouse I had nearly forgotten how I love it so) and continued up the hill to work.

This is going to be very convenient having such a great place so close. And by convenient, I mean nice. And by nice, of course I mean dangerous because I've now rediscovered my local coffee substance abuse problem.

But more importantly, this place is going to be a hit. It has the charm of those old time markets where everyone knows you, everything is local and everything is the specialty of the house (because really, it is that good) (and I've only tried the pan-toasted filberts with bacon and rosemary!). They have a full espresso bar, plenty of local wines, cheese, cheese, and cheese (oh, all of the cheeses!), three beers on tap (including Portland's favorite PBR and my favorite Fire Mountain Pale Ale) which are served in chilled, handmade, ceramic pint glasses with that "just-thrown-and-fresh-from-the-kiln" look of the local guy who made them and the highest of the high points? Jody and Michelle (the owners) are great. Mari (bottom photo) has been telling us what incredible people they are since she got hired and now having met them, albeit very briefly, I have the sense that this is 100% truth.

I think I just found my new favorite place.

(photos of RHM taken with that darn Instagram App on my phone for cryin' out loud!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM

PINTEREST

TWITTER