have a bit o'craic!

Irish breakfast, first day in Dublin (and yes, that's blood sausage I'm eating)

Guinness for lunch

More Guinness, at the top of the Guinness Factory. Yes, you get a pint at the end of the tour... This is how all tours should end.

Guinness Lake in the Wicklow Mountains. Arthur Guinness moved sand up to be the head on the pint created by the dark, rich, iron-heavy lake water!

Oh, I was wrong... All tours should end with a shot of Jameson like our tour of the mountains. Tiny cup? Irish communion. 
So it will come as no shock that I'm proud of my Irish heritage. While my mom's side of the family is almost entirely English, my dad's side boasts the richness of Ireland and Scotland. Yes, I am a veritable UK mutt (and damn proud of it!).

When I lived in London I was able to travel to each of the Isles and visit my family's stomping grounds on a daily basis. A couple of summer's ago, I revisited dear Dublin with my mom and grandma and danced around the city for almost a week (often to the tune of Flogging Molly).

In light of this most revered of holidays I wanted to share some of my pictures from that trip (are we shocked that these focus on the local nourishments? Not hardly).

And so, Erin Go Braugh! Ireland forever! Have a pint, have some potatoes and have some good, old fashioned craic (pronounced "crack" - it's the Irish word for "fun")!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM

PINTEREST

TWITTER