old pine & being well fed


Old Pine by Ben Howard on Grooveshark

"Whenever we cook for others, we are 
making a statement to them. If what we prepare and present to our family 
and guests is attractive, tasty, and health-supporting, we are saying that 
we want them to be well and happy, to feel nurtured and strengthened. 
When we offer cuisine that is made of whole and natural ingredients, 
we are saying that we want them to have all the energy they need 
in order to make every aspect of their lives richer
We are saying we honor them."

-John Robbins, May All Be Fed-

-

This passage just reaffirms so much of what I hold true and dear. 

It speaks of love, and family, and camaraderie. 

Yes. 

So very much of what I hold true and dear. 

And so with that smile on my face, and this song in my head, it's time for another weekend.

And I hope you all have a truly happy one at that.

-

(words via kinfolk voulme two; photo via kinfolk's brooklyn dinner)



3 comments:

  1. Yep, I have a smile on my face now. Thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it. One of my favorite things is dinner parties with simple, delicious and wholesome food. And a guest who is so kind they insist on doing the dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that passage, it pretty much speaks of my life :) Happy weekend dear friend!!

    ReplyDelete

 

INSTAGRAM

PINTEREST

TWITTER