katy with a "y"


If you want to know why I say "oy" a lot:

 it's because of Katy

If you want to know why there is a postcard in the shape of a bagel on my mom's fridge:

it's because of Katy

If you want to know why any mention of Nomar Garciaparra still makes me giggle:

it's because of Katy (and this old SNL skit)

If you want to know why I own a mix CD entitled "The Jack McFairyland Collection":

it's because of Katy

If you want to know why I never doubt that there is goodness and love in the world:

you get the picture

___________

Happy birthday, Katy Assner! 

You've influenced my life in so many ways... Here's to the next fifteen years!

((Because let's take a minute to think about the fact that we were twelve when we met and how scary is that and oh my gosh we need to hurry up and be in Napa at the same time so we can go to Oxbow Market and eat things covered in cheese because we have built our friendship on a mighty foundation of cheese and Jewish humor... Wheeee!))

2 comments:

  1. That is the sweetest post! happy birthday to katy:) Kisses, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a super sweet birthday salute! Happy birthday Katy!

    ReplyDelete

 

INSTAGRAM

PINTEREST

TWITTER