then there was that time the perrigos came back to portland after all...


I CAN'T EVEN HANDLE THIS KID.


How is it possible to be this happy all the time? 

Tristen Hurst, you are too much. 

Happy Baby Award.


Oh! Okay, so here's what happened...

As I was leaving work that first day back after Seattle I got a call from Laura...

"Hi, we're in Portland!"

And then I died.

And then I came to and got SO EXCITED because I got to see them again!

And then we both freaked out because we knew we were then going to be able to attack Ashley and Baby Olivia((coming soon!)) by driving up to Vancouver for a belated baby shower at 9 o'clock at night!

Best friends ever.



Among other things we decided that night, the recreation of the photo above will be a tradition forever we hope. 

((sorry guys, it's gonna be a while before I'm the one in the middle... bear with me... or just keep having babies so I don't have to yet))




Oh, and along with all of the ooh-ing and ahh-ing at baby boy, can we take some time to notice Ashley's baby bump!?


Tristen approves of his impending cousin.



Aunt Laura had to say a special hello to Olivia - this will remain one of the cutest photos of all time as far as I'm concerned.




And while we're on the subject, can I just say that the feeling of a baby in my arms, on my lap, gripping onto my finger, snuggling, sleeping - that's gotta be my happy place. Or one of them, anyway. Feeling Tristen's warm little body all relaxed on my lap was just pure happiness. I remember the same feeling holding his brother the same way, Jack's then-tiny fingers holding onto mine with all his tiny little might.

I swear, what will I be like when it's my own? Lord help my heart.





Also, do any of you remember on How I Met Your Mother when Lily and Marshall were trying to keep it a secret that they were having a baby and then it seemed like babies were everywhere and Lily finally cracked when Marshall handed her a fat little baby?

Remember what she said?

"This sonofabitch has knee-dimples!"

Yeah. That's all I could think every time I saw Tristen. 

Sorry for the cursing, little man. You'll understand when you're older. 




These too... These are some of my favorites.


Oh, and before we go... Elbow dimples.


You're welcome.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM

PINTEREST

TWITTER