connecticut wedding // the ceremony


There was a part of me that wondered as we geared up for the ceremony if it was going to be as, I don't know, momentous as Luke and Alyssa's wedding a year earlier (they got married in a beautiful little ceremony before Luke got transferred in the US Coast Guard from Boston to Florida last February). Without doubt there was excitement, there was thrill, there was love overflowing... But still, I wondered. 

Part of this was Alyssa's remarkably calm demeanor throughout the whole thing. 

Aren't brides supposed to be out of control?

But then again, she's one of the sweetest, mellowest people I know so in that light, it didn't surprise me.

But do you know what I mean?

Would it be as exciting the second time around for these two?

Yes. 

Yes, it most certainly was. 

And it. was. perfect.




Before the ceremony, Alyssa, her brothers and her dad - the original men in her life - shared some sweet moments I was so happy to catch.



Dave and Kamdyn... Like father, like son.


And Forrest and Dakota. Now we all know Blake is practically my brother, but if I had my pick of another two? 

These guys. 

Hands down. 

I couldn't love them more if they were my own blood.



And I must say, of all the beautiful guests at this wedding, Mike and Maggie were the most photogenic.

I mean, come on, the camera loves them.


When it finally came time for the bride to walk down the aisle, she chose Cat Power's "Sea of Love"... At this point I will recommend you listen along as we continue through the photos.





And a moment here to love on Terra, too.

She's truly become the little sister I never had. Her heart just amazes and inspires me to no end.






If either of them were cold, they didn't let on.

Too busy smiling, I'd expect. 








I REFUSE TO GET OVER IT!

TWO YEAR OLD IN A TUXEDO, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!





Now to be fair, it was about 30-something degrees out there so these smiles were earned

But really, it was easy to endure when you consider how happy everyone was.






But in all seriousness... I think the cold started to make everyone a little silly.


I mean really, what kind of pastor/father-of-the-groom photobombs the bridal portraits!?

Jeff. 

Jeff is the kind of pastor and the kind of father who would do this.

And for this, I am grateful.


Is it okay that the "outtakes" were some of my favorites?


Brother of the bride... Brother of the groom... They're perfect for each other. 


KAMDYN, I CAN'T EVEN HANDLE YOU RIGHT NOW, YOU ARE SO CUTE MY HEART IS FREAKING OUT!!!


I can't tell you how much I love this family. 



Oh, but the best is still coming...


Yes, in case there was any question, yes, Jared is grabbing his brother in law's butt. 

So... That happened...


And then it was time for the Sharp family to step into the frame... This is what I got out of them...


... I actually couldn't have been happier about it.

My least favorite part of all this is telling people how to pose, so if they want to take it up on themselves I say do it.





And then everyone hit their freezing temperatures limit and it was 

time. to. party.

Tomorrow, the epic conclusion of the Sharp Wedding... The reception! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM

PINTEREST

TWITTER