grace ("she passed away 30 years ago!")


A wildly inappropriate title (though I'd be willing to mail cookies to the first person who can name that reference) but let's overlook that...

I found this on Pinterest and just... Loved it. It is so true. Except for the whole "bragging" part, because of that whole not-supposed-to-boast thing, but still. The effect is there.

I'm a big proponent for Love, in case you hadn't figured that out yet. I'm one of those folks who may or may not be right in believing that Love conquers all. But really, would that be so wrong? And seriously, if I (and this is just for my life, I'm not pushing it on anyone else) believe that Love Is All and God Is Love (and therefore God Is All), what's the harm in that? I'm putting faith in the most primal, basic, pure emotion/feeling/action/realm of existence there is. 

John Lennon got it. Robin gets it. I try my damnedest to get it. Why is Love so hard to believe in? I want so much for others to believe in Love as much as I do, but I fear the worst sometimes and worry about getting written off as a Pollyanna. Of course then again, who cares? One can only live and believe the best way one knows how. 

I read another quote, a Swedish Proverb, on Pinterest that said:

Love me when I least deserve it, because that is when I really need it.

What a groundbreaking thought, no? 

It's a thought near to me at the moment and I keep mulling it over in my addled brain. But seriously, loving someone when they "deserve" it least (though everyone deserves Love) is the definition! It's that unconditional Love that makes life worth living. 

And that's exactly how I want to live my life.

Loving.

Unconditionally. 


4 comments:

  1. I swear if I could squeeze your cheeks in a motherly way I would. I needed to read this today. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The most enjoying traditions of the season are best enjoyed in the warm embrace of kith and kin. Thith tree is a thymbol of the thpirit of the Griswold family Chrithmath."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need you to know I'm at a bar drinking Stella because there is no Dogfish Punkin. Just wanted you to know I tried. These are the things I would text you in real life.

    Beautiful post.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy: Your comments always feel like a hug across the internet. I appreciate that so much.

    Robin: You win.

    Molly: The effort is what counts. And that is exactly the kind of text I would be like "Hell yeah!" to in real life followed by "We need to have a pumpkin beer party!"

    ReplyDelete

 

INSTAGRAM

PINTEREST

TWITTER