ma! the meatloaf!

the only shot i got of the loaves in the oven

the potato wedges... drowning in balsamic 

and because i got lost in the flavor and forgot to take a photo until my plate looked like this


I made meatloaf last week.

Last week? Maybe the week before. I've lost track.

Either way, it was awesome and though I didn't write down the recipe (ha, recipes, who uses those? I'm more of a "whatdowegotsinthefridge?" kind of person) I can give you general specifics and leave you all to your own devices...


Turkey Apple Meatloaf

1 lb. ground turkey (or whatever ground meat you prefer)

1 apple, grated on the large side of a cheese grater (I used honeycrisp and cubed it because I didn't have my big grater at Jared's when I made this)

shredded cheese (I used some cubed brindisi, but in the future I would used shredded parmesan)

3 cloves minced garlic

herbs, salt & pepper to your preference 


1 egg

italian breadcrumbs

-

No real method here... Just throw it all in a bowl, mix it on up and hope for the best!

The sauce on top was a mixture of ketchup, spicy brown mustard, BBQ sauce, Worcestershire sauce and some red pepper jelly (again, what we had in the fridge).

I'd say just throw things together and see what you come up with... Trust me, it's really hard to mess this up.

Bake at 375 for about an hour, or until done.

As a side dish, I made potato wedges seasoned with olive oil, garlic salt, minced garlic, black pepper and balsamic vinegar... Also, highly recommended. 

So there it is. If you try it, let me know how it turns out and what modifications you made, I'd love to hear!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

INSTAGRAM

PINTEREST

TWITTER