autumn feast or, happy friday

sweetpotatoblackbeancornandouillesausagejalapenojackcheesestew (dean)

whiskeycreamcheesewaytoomuchbutterandsugarpoundcakewithpumkinbutterandvanillaicecream (me)

Folks...

This is what happens when my friends (henceforth to be known to all as The Camaraderie) (thank you Chuck Ragan, I will be borrowing this from you) and I decide to ring in the new, glorious, brisk, orangeredandyellow season (alright, to all you Oregonians who are crying "Buh, buh, buh! Don't say that! It's not fall yet, it's not! Look, I'm still wearing my bikini and Coppertone!" just cool it... We live in the Pacific Northwest, we should all know to use air quotes when it comes to summer and just embrace this happy, scarf-swaddled time of year).

Fine, ok, you win, it's not technically autumn yet but dammit, we're going to celebrate like it is! To us this means making obscenely delicious - and spicy - dinners in a crock pot (see photo #1) and baking offensively fattening desserts* in a counter-top over not much bigger than a crock pot (see photo #2). And watching Monster Squad
Oh, and drinking various pumpkin ales and Johnny Jump-Ups (whiskey & apple cider).

We are so good at living. 


*stay tuned for the recipe for the whiskey-cream-cheese thigh-circumference enhancer in an upcoming post.

1 comments:

  1. It's still super hot here (102 degrees when I got in my car yesterday afternoon) but I've started to celebrate fall. Yes, please, on the recipe for the cake! That stew sounds tasty, too. Annnnddd I see you like the Avett Brothers - Awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete

 

INSTAGRAM

PINTEREST

TWITTER