weekly gratitude, colorado edition

thank you 90 degrees for a beautiful weekend on the lake
Amazing how I can wake up in Colorado, in a tent on some cliffs surrounding Lake Pueblo (to a scenario not too far off from this) where it quickly climbed to a 90-something degree day (have some sunburn while you're at it - why yes, don't mind if I do!), only to come home to the autumnal evening of temperature somewhere in the 50's and literally considering the sad truth that this sunburn is actually keeping me warm right now. Oh, sweet curiosities of life.

So yes, back in my beloved PNW and ready to put summer back on the shelf again and haul October down into the mess in only a few short days (what's that? October? Does that mean someone has a birthday coming up?) (Not just you Dad). And to bid the season a proper adieu, I will (sleepily at this point) pay respect to this perfect weekend of summer fun...

1. Thank you God, for presenting me - and challenging me - with new opportunities this weekend. Visiting a friend in Colorado and having the perfect end-of-summer weather set the stage for my first real camping trip was amazing (I know, I don't know how I'd made it this far in life without checking that experience off my list either, talk to my parents about that one).

2. On that note, thank you for the perfect camping guides. The two strapping lads I had showing me the ropes have only done this, oh, seven or eight hundred times (this summer) so they were fully prepared to show me how it's done. Good little providers too, what with the food and shelter they brought along (a girl can get used to that).

3. Thank you "W-I-N-D" (you have to spell it or she'll hear you) for not blowing too hard out on the water and not only allowing the guys to get some phenomenal runs on the wakeboard and slalom, but for me to get some equally ecstatic photos of said gentlemen. There is now photographic evidence that these guys don't suck at the aforementioned watersports which was made possible as a bigger result of calm waters than my lightening quick shutter-finger. All parties involved were thrilled that the invisible air around us decided to take it pretty easy this weekend.

4. Thank you honesty, for allowing friends to let each other into their worlds for a chance to get to know each other better. There is no substitute for an act like this and I for one feel truly humbled and appreciative at being let in.

5. Thank you Hempz lotion for soothing the skin that hasn't seen the recommended dose of Vitamin D in far too long and now has (what I hope will become) the tanlines to prove it. Ouch. But not as ouch now as earlier today.

And so, another week draws to a close and beckons in the new. A day off tomorrow to catch back up with myself and friends before back to work Tuesday. I'll try to get some photos from this weekend up and unravel some of the better anecdotes for your mental wanderlusting pleasure. Until then, "buona notte" as my Dad would say.

It's time for this little lady to get some much needed sleep.

2 comments:

 

INSTAGRAM

PINTEREST

TWITTER