whiskey cream cheese pound cake (just jump on a treadmill now)

Ingredients... Think I shop at Trader Joe's much?
So by now, all of you being the diligent readers I know you are, you've seen the results of The Camaraderie's seasonal fit. I'm pretty sure Dean's stew is still sticking to our ribs and my dessert? Well, let's just say we can all thank that sweet little beast for that last notch on our belts getting a well-deserved evening off.

Anyway, no more blathering on about the consequences of eating a cake with three sticks of butter, a package of cream cheese, 3 cups of sugar and 1/4 cup of rye whiskey (fine, 1/2 cup of rye whiskey... Plus a dash or two)...
Ladies and gentlemen, indulge yourselves in this Whiskey Cream Cheese Pound Cake...

Beat together the butter & cream cheese 
Add sugar... More sugar... No, more sugar...

Not yet! 

Be fancy and crack the six eggs with the one-handed maneuver

And if an egg gets stuck in the carton and you break it trying to pry it out...

...You make it work because you don't have time to sacrifice an egg
(Please enjoy this video break to witness the seemingly indomitable egg - I only caught the last spin-through on camera)
This is only half the mess I made...

And because I don't have a sifter, I make my whisk work overtime with the dry ingredients

Oh hey, my favorite part

Watch the batter get all smooth and creamy (insert your own bad joke here)

Here's where you alter the recipe and add cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg & allspice

Add vanilla extract... Oh wait, am I doing it wrong?

More whiskey? That is never a question in my kitchen

Unlike me, you should make sure you have a big enough pan to hold this cake

There was a concern about the batter being poisonous... I was willing to take one for the team

Pop in oven at 350 and wait... And wait...

...And panic about it overflowing the pan/hitting the roof of your miniscule oven...

...But breathe easy when you see how delightfully rustic (yet elegant) the finished product is!
Serve and enjoy! (I recommend vanilla bean ice cream and/or pumpkin butter) (and coffee!)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! This looks amazing!

    ♥ Shia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting this as I would seriously like to try making it. I know my family would -love- something like this.

    PS- My hips and thighs are crying right now.

    ReplyDelete

 

INSTAGRAM

PINTEREST

TWITTER