extraordinary

Can I just say... This world we live in, and the people in it, amaze me.

There are people all around me doing incredible things. People I know, and some I don't. No matter... We are all in this together.

I am floored by the goodness of the people I see and read about. Anyone who say the world is going to crap is lying and just pessimistic and jealous and upset at their own life.

But enough of those ugly words and ugly sentiments.

There is so much beauty and I just had one of those moments where I could have burst with the delight of it all (I'm glad I didn't though because them the chicken/vegetable korma I made for dinner would be speckled across my walls and forever spackled with quinoa and I would never get my security deposit back).

All around me I see people making beautiful art, cooking great food, singing sweet music, growing lush gardens, raising sweet babies, loving those same sweet babies, living for and with their friends, appreciating their parents, relying on each other, taking care of one another, respecting the world around them, making that world a better place.

FUN FACT!


In the middle of writing this my dad called. ("Good talk, dad.") (Christmas Vacaction quote... Point for me!) We ended up having an almost three hour conversation about life, love, faith... All that rot. We have these talks often, and I am incredibly thankful for not only the discussions themselves for the fact that this particular avenue is open for the two of us to drive upon freely an frequently.

Anyway, my point now ("now" being after 11pm and the point in this regularly scheduled programming where I'm eating a turkey hotdog to cure the late-night pangs of not-quite-hunger-but-who-the-hell-knows-what) is that this conversation happened at exactly the moment I was having my little poetic epiphany about the glory of it all and there it went! just reaffirming everything  I was feeling!

There is SO much good out there, SO much grace, SO MUCH LOVE... If only we open our eyes to see it!

I don't care how Pollyanna I am here... Life is so beautiful.

(photo again by the oh-my-god-I-can't-believe-it camera)

4 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more. At the risk of sounding like a bumper sticker, life is good. Lucky us, we are smart enough to appreciate all of the treasures that surround us.

    Brilliant post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous post...so sweet.

    ♥ Shia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I can be quite misanthropic at times, I still know that there is good out there. I don't deny it. I live by the teachings of love and I'd say that's pretty clear when seeing the people I associate with on a daily basis.

    Love ya, lady.

    --RY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy & Shia - it makes me happy to know that we're all on the same page :)

    Robin - you seriously have one of the biggest hearts of anyone I know. You love and you're sincere about it. I luff you too lady.

    ReplyDelete

 

INSTAGRAM

PINTEREST

TWITTER