weekly gratitude

thank you moccasins for visually representing the autumn spirit
It's been a long (read: 6-day-stretch-at-work-with-only-one-day-off) kind of week around these parts, made bearable, in part, by the lovely stretch of autumnal weather we've been having.

I'm happy. The grapes are not. But whatever, it's not like it's my livelihood or anything (have we discussed sarcasm before?)

But as ever, there is much to be thankful for and I find myself sincerely looking forward to this post every week. I think I've mentioned this before. It's worth mentioning again.

1. Thank you cold snap for allowing me to pull my sweet little Columbia out of its sad little corner hook (ok, not a hook, just my upturned former bed frame) behind my closet door. I'm comfortable with the fact that I'm still a Californian every time I get excited about the rain.

2. Thank you for my friends. This one is a given but this week brings it to the forefront (have they ever left the forefront? these are silly questions to ask). We had our epic Autumn Feast, Jared came home alive again (I'm a little disappointed I didn't get to smell the smoky beef jerky scent of the "fresh-from-fire" Jared) and tonight we all ended up over at his and Shamoo's apartment laughing our faces off at the "Ugly Blog". It was like it used to be (mostly) and it felt wonderful to be back in that place.

3. Thank you for Jodi and Caitlyn. Yes, this could have been lumped under #2 (funny considering the better part of the conversation we had at dinner tonight... Jodi is laughing right now) but I'm giving it its own place here. I love our weekend tradition of going to Red Hills Market and making Bryce, Sam and Josh nervous about our presence (even though I'm pretty sure they secretly love us).

4. Thank you for the phone calls with Dad on Sunday mornings. Every Sunday after church I call my dad on my way to work. Not because I have to, not because it's expected, but because it is always to right time to call him. It never feels like an obligation, just the thing I need right then to make my day a little bit better. He is always ready to hear how church went and how I'm feeling about the day to come.  As far as Dads go, he's pretty much the best. Daddy, I love you. I know you're reading this. (Mom too, don't feel left out! I love you!!!)

5. Thank you for Chuck Ragan's new album. I can't stop listening to it and, just like so many things lately, it's exactly what I need to hear exactly when I hear it. Every time. This man has apparently tapped into my heart of hearts, set it to the tune of a guitar and a fiddle and given it melody and lyrics. Sweet praise... I love you Chuck.

Here's to hope that everyone has a beautiful week to come! I'm so flattered and excited about all of the sweet comments from everyone lately - it is so appreciated and just makes me smile to no end! Really, you have no idea how much it means to me!

Love to all,
L

2 comments:

  1. This is infectious! I need to start doing some form of weekly gratitude, myself. (Great moccasins!) :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you do this. So very much. My 'weekly gratitude' is a tad more inward. Maybe I'll try to change that.

    I appreciate you, lady.

    Many good times ahead.

    ReplyDelete

 

INSTAGRAM

PINTEREST

TWITTER