thank you note

A couple weeks ago I hosted a tasting at the winery for some Cellar Society members and their friends. It was a total smash - catered lunch (from Red Hills Provincial Dining, one of the most incredible restaurants in the world) (yes, world, I said it, I mean it... Go see for yourself... Then come visit me since you'll be in the area), an incredible selection of wines and we couldn't have ordered a more gorgeous day for the event. It was a huge success and it gave me a chance to really stretch my legs at work, show 'em what I got kinda thing...

So today, an otherwise unremarkable Monday in wine country (made more remarkable by my foresight that yes, a pumpkin spice latte will pair nicely with a little Alexi Murdoch on a cool autumn morning) was made a complete delight when Dana, our office manager, dropped a sweet little notecard with my name on it in front of me... It was a thank-you note from Pam, our loyal Cellar Society member thanking me for such a wonderful time.

This is why I love what I do. I love sharing these amazing wines and the knowledge I've gained working in such a fruitful environment (pun entirely intended in case you're wondering).

So as this week gets started and yet another new season dawns on us, take a moment to be thankful and compliment someone on a job well done... You never know whose day you could make!

(Thanks Pam! I know you don't read this, but I'll send it out into the void nonetheless!)

2 comments:

  1. How cool! I agree with telling people when they're doing a good job. I also like to throw out random (sincere) compliments to strangers.... Ya know, like if their outfit is pretty, etc. The smile it brings is contagious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I love especially when someone has a pout or something and you get them to smile and their whole face just lights up and changes!

    ReplyDelete

 

INSTAGRAM

PINTEREST

TWITTER