seasons out, seasons in

Yesterday, I bid my farewell to the last of summer's backyard blackberries (backyard here meaning the edge of the vineyard behind the winery)...

And today, we welcomed (welcomed here meaning Don, Mark, one of our viticulturists and I all stood outside with incredulous stares) the first autumn rain shower over the valley.

Much as even I wanted the Pacific Northwest "summer" to hold out a little bit longer, I would not be my mother & father's daughter if I wasn't a wee bit thrilled to hear the rhythm of the rain.

So with that,

Summer, it's been real. It's been fun. It's been... Tedious at best.

Autumn, come wrap me in a sweater, feed me apples and drop me in the middle of a corn maze.

1 comments:

  1. Agree!!!! That view is beyond amazing! You're a lucky girl. :)

    ReplyDelete

 

INSTAGRAM

PINTEREST

TWITTER